The working of wonders; miracle-working; magic.
1. Loud and resonant; reverberating; (also) that thrills or affects the emotions; mournful, plaintive-sounding.
2. spec. Of a wave, surf, etc.: making a beating, roaring, or crashing sound. Chiefly poet. Now rare.
Of or relating to a neurite or neurites; good for the nerves
1. Of things: Inclined to redness; tending towards a red colour; red. Obs.
2. Of the face, etc.: Reddish, flushed, highly coloured, esp. as the result of good living.
1. trans. To belch, vomit forth. Chiefly transf. and fig.
Saliva or spittle mixed with mucus or purulent matter, and expectorated in certain diseased states of the lungs, chest, or throat; a mass or quantity of this. spec.
1. Of persons, their actions, feelings, utterances, etc.: Foolish, vacantly silly, stupid, besotted.
2. That is in a state of dementia or imbecility; idiotic. Now rare exc. in Sc. Law.