In Zen Buddhism, a paradox put to a student to stimulate his mind.
Loss of speech, partial or total, or loss of power to understand written or spoken language, as a result of disorder of the cerebral speech centres.
1. political propaganda, especially pro-Communist, and especially when disseminated through literature, drama, music, or art
2. artistic work or works serving as a vehicle for political propaganda
tabula rasa, noun
(Latin: blank slate) refers to the epistemological thesis that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that their knowledge comes from experience and perception.
The theory or science of the method or grounds of knowledge.
1. the study of ultimate causes in nature
2. an approach to ethics that studies actions in relations to their ends or utility
3. any activity that tends towards the achievement of a goal